Locate a Bank
The Division of Banks regulates Massachusetts state-chartered banks. Although a bank may be physically located in Massachusetts, it may not be regulated by the Division. This would mean the bank is regulated on the federal level. Federally regulated banks often use Federal, National, N.A. or FSB in their names.
Consumer Resources for Locating a Bank
- Locate a Massachusetts state-chartered bank regulated by the Division
- Locate a National Bank Operating Subsidiary. Operating subsidiaries do business directly with consumers.
- If your bank is not on one of the lists above, it is not regulated by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and could be a federally regulated bank, another state-regulated financial institution, or other type of institution. The links below can help you find the right regulator.
- Locate a federal or state-chartered bank insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Search for Financial Institutions using the Federal Financial Institution Examination Council (FFIEC) Consumer Help Center
Additional Resources for Consumers Locating a Bank
- FDIC Institution Directory: directory of financial institutions providing the primary regulator and other useful consumer information
- Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS) Directory of State Banking Departments