Locate a Credit Union
The Division of Banks regulates Massachusetts state-chartered credit unions. Although a credit union may be physically located in Massachusetts, it may not be regulated by the Division. This would mean the credit union is regulated on the federal level. Generally, if a credit union does not have the word "Federal" as a part of its name and is not headquartered in Arkansas, Delaware, South Dakota, Wyoming or the District of Columbia, then it is likely a state-chartered credit union. The state supervisory authority where the credit union's main office is located will be the regulator.
The National Credit Union Administration supervises and insures Federal credit unions and insures State-chartered credit unions. Visit their Consumer Information page for information and assistance regarding credit unions.
- Consumer Resources for Locating a Credit Union
- Additional Resources for Consumers Locating a Credit Union
Consumer Resources for Locating a Credit Union
- Locate a Massachusetts state-chartered credit union regulated by the Division
- Locate a federal or state-chartered credit union insured by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA)
Additional Resources for Consumers Locating a Credit Union
- NCUA Credit Union Consumer Assistance Center
- NCUA Consumer Information
- Massachusetts Credit Union Share Insurance Corporation